Because you can't ask me to to talk about one thing, it's impossible!
Jilly’s Healthy Egg & Cheese #breakfastsandwhich
Directions: toast 1 whole wheat English muffin. Spray a large mug with Pam cooking spray. Break 1 egg into mug and lightly beat it. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. Place cooked egg on sandwhich with 1 slice fat free cheddar cheese! Total calories: 320! High in protein and fiber! #blogger #foodie #yummy
New Blog Post! Table Top Manners
It is rare these days that many of us actually take a moment to THINK about the way we conduct ourselves at a dinner table. In a world where most people are often playing on their cell-phones (snapping pics, texting, Facebook etc.) and reaching over to taste somebody else’s food or (and I digress with this one) actually dancing on top of tables (a la buenanotte style) seldom are 20-30 something’s actually making a concerted effort to act politely at the dinner table.
The photo attached is a snipet from an article posted in The Globe and Mail from today by Carley Fortune. She features a top ten list by author Charles MacPherson an author and stickler on table manners.
The list above is very brief and I would like to add a few to the list myself:
1- Try to refrain from using your cellphone at the table. Try to actually interact with the people around you. You may actually enjoy yourself.
2- If you don’t know the person sitting next to you, then take a moment to introduce yourself. Don’t be rude. Introduce your significant other to those whom they may not know. Keep everyone included on conversation.
3- No need to rush your eating. Take your time. Especially in fine dining establishments. What are you? A savage? Enjoy your experience
4- Be polite to your waiter or waitress. It’s not always their fault.
5- “do I have something in my teeth?” Don’t ask your friend. Go to the ladies room to check it out and fix it there. Or men’s room. And groom yourself in the washroom too while you are in there!
Any table behaviors that bother you? Let me know!
How to Dress #VinceCamuto Style: Elegant & Affordable Fashion
As one of the newest additions to the Vince Camuto Canada Team, I have been privileged to represent such an amazing brand which has only been in Canada for a short period of time.
Recently we held our VIP Spring 2013 Shopping Event at Downtown Montreal’s Hudson’s Bay in association with Clin D’Oeil Magazine. Here, we presented the Spring Trends (which I will get to in a minute). What I like most about this brand is that their fit is amazing. I am a woman who is not a size 2. I usually wear pants in a size 10 or even a 12. In Vince Camuto I am proud to say I wear a size 8! There is no vanity sizing here…just awesome clothing which fit just right!
Some of the Spring Trends, which are highlighted in the Video I Posted Earlier are:
1) Florals - speaks for itself. Beautiful, very spring and very fresh. The Floral wrap top is super comfortable and very flattering.
Vince Camuto - Floral Top - $69.00 - Thebay.com
2) Black and White - Black and White is HUGE for spring. Wear a black and white dress, or play it up in a graphic print on a skirt or top. Or get color-blocking.
Vince Camuto Graphic Garden’s Pencil Skirt - $109.00 - thebay.com
3) Blues and Greens - mixing blue and green in your outfit this spring is super fresh. Mix and match skirts, shorts, pants and tops in different textures and fabrics and you have a very sophisticated outfit without feeling “stuffy”.
Vince Camuto Embroidered Lace Top - $150.00 - thebay.com
What was I wearing?
Top - Vince Camuto 3/4 Sleeve Tie Neck Blouse in White - $109.00
Bottoms - Vince Camuto Skinny Ankle Pants in Cobalt Blue - $99.00
For more great fashions visit thebay.com!
I haven’t written a blog post in a while. Sorry for that. My lifestyle has recently changed drastically where I went from working for myself and blogging for the past year (i.e.: my own schedule) to working full-time at a great fashion brand.
I am super excited about my latest work opportunity. With that, I needed to take some time away from the blog to get my “shit in order”. My old routines had been thrown out the window and I had to start from scratch. Man I was scared.
This, of course, begs the question: What are some great ways to get into a new routine without fully “shocking” your body & mind.
1. Set a new bedtime and stick to it. The first thing I decided to do was give myself an 11pm bedtime. This gives me plenty of time after work to make dinner, watch a little tv, spend time with boyfriend/friends/family, wash hair and blow-dry it etc… Not getting enough sleep is going to make you feel “burnt out” before you know it. My parents used to call this “burning the candle at both ends”. While this sounds extremely old fashion, I know, if i don’t get enough sleep at night, I am full-fledged cranky in the morning and that isn’t very good.
2. Get Organized. For me, simply having a stocked fridge and clean clothes makes me feel organized. Making a point to visit the grocery store to have everything you need to make daily lunch will remove alot of the “last minute stress” of getting ready for work in the morning. Planning meals definitely helps too for preparing quick and easy suppers. For food organization check out my past article on “The Importance of a Proper Pantry”. Having the food you need always ready to go will help you stay fit and healthy. Keep energy up by eating healthy WHOLE foods instead of high fat/carb/sugary processed foods. In terms of Laundry, I try to do it all over the weekend. Same goes for major cleaning. And I keep lists of things I need to do on my phone, so if I can make a last minute trip to Walmart, I always know what I need. My IPhone reminders also help. Anything to ensure I don’t miss a step (and that could easily happen).
3. What about Exercise? Sometimes this is the hardest to keep up after a busy day because many of us are tired…oh so tired (and I will admit I haven’t exercised since I started working…AT ALL). I would prefer to schedule my workouts and give myself an easy commitment of 3 times a week. Giving yourself small easy goals to work with are much more manageable. I have been expressing this since January.
4. Play-time. Don’t ignore this. EVER. If you work hard…you should play hard. But at first, when starting the new routine, go at it with moderation and build it up. Often when I try to do everything at “full speed” I get sick. We don’t want that.
5. Be Realistic With Yourself. Set short term goals and long term goals. It will make approaching a new routine and even life a little bit easier to manage.
Check back here 2-3 times a week for awesome recipes, lifestyle tips, beauty and fashion trends and more!
Super Easy #honey #mustard #chicken: makes 4 small servings
Serve with vegetables or eat over Salad!